Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool stove is not turning off the oven when i press…

Customer Question
My whirlpool stove is...

My whirlpool stove is not turning off the oven when i press the OFF button, but would continue on. tI turned off the stove breaker at the box and waited 1 hr. Then when I turned it on again it continues in high, so I turned the breaker off again how to disconnect it so I can use the burners?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'll have to look in the back of the stove and I need my husband for that. I looked in the front and there's no number/model name to identify it. This stove I inherited

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably my husband will do it. I just wanted to start the process so when he gets home he'll have some idea of what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I know this has some electronic panel and perhaps it got messed up shouldn't it re-start fresh since I turned off the breaker?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Let me check on the drawer...
Model RF375PXDN
Serial FF0415750 ECN 0That's what I think it is
Hello??

I'm still here.

Just looking up your model number.

OK sorry about the delay, I was looking up your wiring diagram to see what can cause this issue on your model. On your particular model, the only thing that can cause your issue is a stuck relay on your display control board. Now the display board is part number(###) ###-#### but it's no longer made anymore. You'll need to send the old display board into a place like Core Centric Solutions to have them refurbish the board if you wanted to still repair the oven. The cost of refurbishing the board is typically $175 or so and takes about a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

there's no way to disconnect just the oven so I could use the stove while we decide how to proceed?
I haven't finished with my questions.... or you are not servicing me until I rate you so far?

You can unplug the wires going to the display board behind the oven control panel and tape the wires off and just use the cooktop if that is what you wanted. The display board doesn't affect cooktop. You can also just pull the oven out, unplug it, unscrew the back panel and disconnect the wires going to the bake and broil elements and then taping the wires off with electrical tape. Then re-assemble and use just the cooktop still.

thanks

I don't understand how fast you think I can type. I am typing and giving you a response every time within 2 minutes of you responding and then you're already sending a response asking if I'm still here or if I'm no longer servicing you---what more can I possibly do?

do you work for whirlpool or is this a 3rd party business?

This is a 3rd party business, but I have been factory trained by Whirlpool as well. They just don't offer tech support directly to the home owner which is why another service like this is needed.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc