Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our refrig door just does not shut like it use to. Afew

Customer Question
Our refrig door just...

Our refrig door just does not shut like it use to.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Afew weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It use to finish closing on it own now we find it open alot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

model EB220KXWN01

This refrigerator doesn't have a self door closing system which means that if the door isn't shutting properly, either your shelves or food are hitting the door and not allowing the door to shut properly. Remove everything off the door and remove all the drawers and food inside the refrigerator. Then close the door and make sure it closes properly. If it still won't close properly one of the shelves isn't installed properly or possibly a door hinge is bent. Other than that, put stuff back inside the refrigerator and stack it so that it doesn't create a problem closing the door.

We can push it closed there is nothing in the way. it is if we do not give the extra push and make sure it is closed we find it just a little ajar

something is in the way then.