Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge profile oven, model pb970s p1ss. Oven looks new and is in…

Customer Question
Ge profile oven, model...

Ge profile oven, model pb970s p1ss. Oven looks new and is in good condition with normal service. Ovens are shutting off. One or both at the same time. Error code is 760. Replaced main control board with no change. Removed and cleaned touch panel with alcohol and cleaned ribbin strip ends. No change. Shuts off using all options including bake, warm, Broil, Pizza, and slow cook, Can repeatedly restart and get up to temperature, Then oven will remain on until the temp falls enough to turn element on again then it shuts off. When shuts off it returns to clock display and follows commands to restart. All touch pad buttons function and none appear to be stuck. I

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model pb970s p1ss about 4 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I covered it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this error you're getting means that your touch control panel is shorted. If you cleaned the ribbon cables and re-inserted the cables back into the control board but have the same error, your touch control panel has failed (not the display board). The touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced and it's about $260 I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model. The part number is *****

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks. Will rate as soon as I replace touch panel.

No problem. Sorry about the bad news though.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Received new touch panel and installed today. Same result, however this panel will not let me proceed with any actions other than clearing the F760 message by pressing the off buttons on upper and lower ovens. Cannot enter code display to clear old codes (all are F760). Cannot set clock. Can start either oven but they immediately shut off. Tried all the buttons and find several including the clock button inoperable. Replacement touch panel looks exactly the same as the old one and appears undamaged in any way. Suspicious about the it though since some buttons do not make a beeping sound Those not working are 1) clock, 2) lower oven delay start, 3) kitchen timer on. Suggestions?

Sounds like your touchpad came faulty unfortunate. You need to return it and get a new one.