Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge gas cooktop ignites but continues to click unless I…

Customer Question
My ge gas cooktop...

My ge gas cooktop ignites but continues to click unless I unplug it. Unit Was just cleaned. How can I stop clicking

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 years can't see # but book I have lists JGP328, 330,933,940,945. So it is one of those hope that helps

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is a common problem after cleaning the unit, you got some of the electronics wet and it will continue to click like that until it dries out. Keep it unplugged for 12 to 24 hours and let it dry out and it will be fine. If not let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.