Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker keeps making ice and the water dispencer freezes…

Customer Question
ice maker keeps making...

ice maker keeps making ice and the water dispencer freezes up

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model pss25sgmd profile 20 yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just steer me in the right direction

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is actually a very common issue on these slightly older GE refrigerator because the insulation in the door starts to break down over time and then the water line freezes. There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it. The part number for the kit is wr49x10173. Below is a link to the kit.

CLICK HERE for kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.