Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool dryer hasn’t been drying properly The lint filter…

Customer Question
Whirlpool dryer hasn’t been drying...
Whirlpool dryer hasn’t been drying properlyThe lint filter on top suddenly is not picking up lintThe large silver hose from the dryer to the outside of the house is clearWhat is the next step
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Take the vent hose completely off the dryer and run a load and if the dryer works properly then you know that the issue is a venting issue with either the vent hose itself or the vent on your home is stopped up and will need to be cleaned. If the dryer does not work properly and still performs in the same manner then there is a venting issue inside the dryer itself and the dryer will need to be taken apart and cleaned. Let me know if the dryer still does not dry properly with the vent hose completely removed and I can give you directions to disassemble the dryer and clean it out. I will also need the model number of the dryer if you end up needing directions, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.