Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My LG over the counter microwave will turn on but doesn't…

Customer Question
my LG over the counter...
my LG over the counter microwave will turn on but doesn't heat. I looked up the causes and 3 possible solu, tions are the thermal fuse,. and 2 other parts.d a 3 year warrantyI will not call an LG tech since they are charging $265 to repair with no protection plan and $365 with a protection plan.The LG had a 3 yr warranty but is now 4 years old. I would order the 3 parts myself but the instructions warn me that the microwave may still carry lethal powers while unplugged.
HELP
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Anytime a microwave runs but does not heat means that the magnetron ( Its purpose is to generate microwave energy. The high-voltage components accomplish this by stepping up AC line voltage to high voltage, which is then changed to an even higher DC voltage. This DC power is then converted to the RF energy that cooks the food.)

has failed and will have to be replaced. This is a dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when power is not being supplied to the unit, so it is highly recommended that only a qualified technician make this repair. The magnetron and also the diode that will need to be replaced usually run in the range of 140.00 -300.00 just in parts depending on the model. If you would still like to attempt this repair yourself and like me to find you the part numbers I would be glad to if you give me the model number of the unit, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.