Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a profile gas stove. the oven dooe is rusting where…

Customer Question
I have a profile...

I have a profile gas stove. the oven dooe is rusting where the window of the stove meets the oven what do i do with this sorry door

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 7-8 yrs old Pgs908sem3ss as52900q sorry cAN NOT FIND DATE ON STOVE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS INVOLVED, PUT A NEW DOOR ON MAYBE BUT BEYOND THAT NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WHY DID THAT HAPPEN TO THE STOVE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you are talking about the inner liner where it meets the glass, if it is rusting the coating on the metal that may have not have been great from the factory. Then if you get moisture condensation inside the door liner which can happen you will get some frosting from the metal if it was not correctly porcelain coated. the best thing to do for now would be to take apart the door clean it off really really good and if the rusting is really bad on the door liner replace it. Here is a breakdown of the door liner and the door liner part that I believe you are talking about. See Links Below

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE LINER

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!