Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I opened the door of my ken more washer during the wash

Customer Question
I opened the door...

I opened the door of my ken more washer during the wash cycle and it quit.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years old. Model 24872

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it a simple problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This could be a simple issue such as a bad door switch, but I need the complete modele number off the tag on the unit. The number you supplied is not it it should start with 3 digits and have 8 more...like this 110.24872801

I cannot find any other numbers

Can you take a pic of the unit and upload it here I can see what you have then.

I have waited several hours for a phone call. Please remove the $24.000 fee. Thank you, ***** ***** will seek other help

I am sorry the site may have offered you a phone call, but us experts are not always available to take one.

4:25pm my phone had a message to go to this website because there was a response for me. JUST CANCEL ANY CHARGES MADE TO MY CREDIT CARD TODAY. THANK YOU.