Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a stackable front load washer. It filled with water…

Customer Question
Hi - I have...

Hi - I have a stackable front load washer. It filled with water and then stopped working.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Well. It’s a Maytag. Where is the model info? It’s probably 5 to 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model is MAH2400AWW

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I can

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
When can I expect a response?
Hello
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok. Thanks for getting back to me.

I am sorry no one got to you sooner, see if you can get it in test mode and get to the error codes on it...use these two pages at my links below to do that and let me know what happens.

CLICK HERE 1

CLICK HERE PAGE 2

I held temp and spin. It beeped 3 Times and then I turned the power off and unplugged it. Now what?
The code I get is “d”.

That is likley a door latch code, you may just have a fialed door latch on the unit and need to change it nothing will work if that is bad. Here is a link to a new one for you to change out.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

The door is latched and there is water in the machine. I thought d was for drain.

D is either a door latch code or can be a drain code, is the water not draining? If not then yes it will not open. You may need to check the pump. Can you remove the bottom kick plate to get at the pump filter on the unit?

I will try. Is that on the front or back?

It should be on the front, but the pump is mounted near the back so you may want to remove the back panel to get at the pump.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Your response was not accurate and consequently not helpful. I continued searching and figured it out.