Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidare FGES3065FGC range has started dropping

Customer Question
My Frigidare FGES3065FGC range...

My Frigidare FGES3065FGC range has started dropping temperature in the oven while cooking. I can set it at 350 and it gradually drop by 30 or more degrees. Is this the temperature probe or something more sinster

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Frigidare FGES3065KFC and it's approximately 5 years old. It had a new circuitboard replaced a couple of years ago.(oven)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I'm a retired electrician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm just trying to keep from buying another stove. It seems like all this Chineese parts are costing the American public a fortune.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the issue you're experiencing means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your display relay board which of course is much more expensive.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?