Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot open the door. keep getting lock icon. Also get F05…

Customer Question
I cannot open the...

I cannot open the door. keep getting lock icon

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Also get F05 error code 3 days it is a new machine

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else but my wife is stressed, cant wash

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What brand of washer is this? Is this a top load or front load washer?

whirpool front load

OK perfect. So F05 means that your door latch isn't working properly which makes sense because the door won't unlock. Let's first manually unlock the door and see if the issue will reset. Since you've had problems since new I would imagine the problem will continue however. You need to pull the washer forward, unplug the washer, and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

Now you can plug the washer back in and try to see if the washer will work or not. Hopefully it works, but if not then you really need to call warranty at 1.***-***-**** because it sounds like your latch may have come defective.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc