Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool dishwasher does not dry the dishes I have

Customer Question
My whirlpool dishwasher does...

My whirlpool dishwasher does not dry the dishes I have changed the heater ring but it still notworking. it cleans the dishes but does not dry them

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought the house in 2015 I would guess it is about 5 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Modal Number WDF530PAYW2

Perfect, thank you. If you already replaced the heater, you know that can't be the problem. There are only 2 other possibilities---either you have a bad main control board in the upper right corner of the door, or the high limit thermostat has failed. You'll need to pull the dishwasher out. Follow the 2 wires from the heater and one of them plugs into a dime sized round black and silver device mounted to the bottom of your tub toward the back. This is your high limit thermostat. Test continuity through this thermostat with a multimeter if you have one. If it has no continuity---replace it. if it does have continuity, the main control board in the upper right corner of the door needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?