Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The refrigerator side of my whirlpool side by side went out.

Customer Question
The refrigerator side of...

The refrigerator side of my whirlpool side by side went out. The freezer side is fine. Desperate because of caring for an elderly hospice mother at home. Took my food to a neighbors. Is there anything I can do? All service people are obviously not available on a Sunday night.n

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband is an electrician so I hope so because we can't wait till mon.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't know what else to tell you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
The freezer fan is running there is frost there

That frost is the reason it is not cooling in the refrigerator. Can you remove the back panel from the freezer (inside), please?

Sorry there is no frost on the back wall of the freezer but the light went out in the refrigerator side and it is not cooling down
Also you can not adjust the temp on freezer or refrigerator side also

In the refrigerator, in the upper left corner, is a vent where the cold air comes out. Open the refrigerator door and feel that vent. Is cold air coming out?

but not very fast

Open the freezer door now. Does the air come out faster?

also the bulb on the refridgerator side is good
But it doesn't come on when you open the door

So air flow is greater when the freezer door is opened?

No it is the same

I am not able to provide you with help. Your answers to my questions keep changing and I think we will go round and round with no progress. I am sorry, I will see if another may have time to help.

Ok
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?