Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I took the door off our older GE wall oven to replace the…

Customer Question
I took the door...

I took the door off our older GE wall oven to replace the bottom heating element. When I put the door back on the oven it wont close. It hits on the top--needs to be a faction lower.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I cant find the model number. It is a microwave + the oven. I came with the house in 1979

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We bought a new GE JK3500SF that will be installed in 2-3 month by a kitchen remodel. I was just trying to replace the door as the new element is in.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

I suspect that the hinges were not locked open before the door was removed. Is this the case?

Its too late, I have replaced it.

I understand and apologize for the delayed response. Have a great rest of your week....