Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE gas profile, XL 44, burners will not ignite. Stove is…

Customer Question
GE gas profile, XL...

GE gas profile, XL 44, burners will not ignite . Stove is clean. Will only light withstick or match flame. 3 burners light, one will not light.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 15 yrs old. Model JGBP79WEA2WW Propane gas.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, hope it's minor.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It lights well when using a match.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

There is an electrode which is similar to a spark plug that lights each burner. When you turn on a burner, all the electrodes will spark at the same time. Is the burner you are having problems with, sparking?

it is. At least there is the sound of spark while trying to light it.

if three of the four electrodes are sparking, then the one that is not, is probably cracked. Like a spark plug with a crack , the electric pulse will get diverted before it gets to the burner. You will need to replace the electrode.

click here

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

Did you get my last reply?