Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE advantium zsc1001ks 01 microwave turntable in not

Customer Question
My GE advantium zsc1001ks...

My GE advantium zsc1001ks 01 microwave turntable in not rotating, but it is still heating. Is it ok to use until I get turntable repaired?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufactured 9/2009. Model is zsc1001ks01.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Husband is very handy. If the fix is easily handled and parts are available he can probably repair it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this a repair that is best handled by a qualified technician?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your microwave . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

The answer is YES, you can still use the microwave. The turntable just more evenly distributes the heat within the food. You may experience hot spots in the food, but can still use it to cook and heat liquids. By the way, the part number for the turntable motor (almost certainly the culprit), is WB26X10193 . Hopefully it won't take you too long to find a company to work on it over the Holidays!

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.