Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. experience with 25,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My refrigerator is leaking. accumalating ice forms in the

Customer Question

my refrigerator is leaking. accumalating ice forms in the freezer.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: whrilpool model GB2F-1dxwq05 s/n k2360404059 could i call a handyman to do this job?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: usually calling a technician may cost me more.
JA: Emailing***@******.*** is the best way to reach customer service.
Customer: MODEL NUMBER GB2 - iDXWQ-5
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if i can fix it yes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,