Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

OVEN WORK NOT WORK AFTER replacing element. Maytag

Customer Question
OVEN WORK NOT WORK...

OVEN WORK NOT WORK AFTER replacing element.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag MER6872BAS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Was going try, but I think the switch for the oven is built into the control borad

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced the element, broiler works, top oven works, all surface burners work, just not the bottom oven element.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK then you have either a wiring issue from the clock control to the element or a burned out solder joint on the bake relay to the lower oven. Can you check those two things? Most likely the issue will be a bad solder joint on the clock control for that relay.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

I can here it clicking on and off.I understand the clock thing, but it's not blinking.
would the temperature gauge have anything to do with it?

No not really the click is from the relay but the solder joint is burned out on that relay...LIKE THIS....>CLICK ME< Just unplug the unit remove the clock and carefully separate it from the case and check behind the main black relays for one burned then clean it with a wire brush and resolder it. Good as new!

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Looks complicated to remove, are there any instructions on line? I under what you mean. Just weird why all others would work.
the clock looks to be behind the control board. is that work I'm after?
Just before removing it, there's not a chance it's the temperature sensor?

No this is just a relay issue if all the wires are good to the bake element.

If you need more help let me know.