Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer compartment in my Kitchen Aid icees up and

Customer Question
The freezer compartment in...

The freezer compartment in my Kitchen Aid icees up and leaves ice on the floor when I open it. Ice builds up on the bottom, Sometimes I have had trouble closeing it. I have had a repair man out and was told I do not close it well. That is not true. Vicki

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 3 yrs old and had always done this. Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

When you say ices up where are you getting the ice at? Just on the floor of the freezer section?