Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool duet gas dryer will ignite the first time but…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool duet gas...

My Whirlpool duet gas dryer will ignite the first time but will not again after until cool. the igniter glows but will not fire after hot.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WGD9200SQ i do not know how old it is

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just know that it will ignite the very first time but will not ignite after it is already hot. however it does glow

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The gas coils are weak and will need to be replaced. The video at the link below show shows how they are replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!