Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 9 year old Electrolux Gas dryer and inside the drum…

Customer Question
I have a 9...

I have a 9 year old Electrolux Gas dryer and inside the drum in the back is a vented grate - that grate had something get to hot and melt on it. Now the grate is leaving a tar like residue on my laundry. Should I have it repaired? It may have overheated causing this.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model Eigd55HIW0 No i do not think i am qualified to do this - but the authorized Electrolux repair people in my area have been awful in the past

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No - just want to know if you think a 9 year old dryer is worth fixing based on its average life span

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
11/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The heat duct is shown as number 16 below. That part is not expensive, about $40. I would have the dryer repaired, yes.

CLICK HERE