Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung side by side door flap now drifts flat with left…

Customer Question
Samsung side by side...

Samsung side by side door flap now drifts flat with left door open so cannot close by itself, must open right door. Took flap off and disconnected the wire. Is there a spring or motor that keeps the flap on edge when the door is open. Is there an easy fix or do I need a new flap?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 3 and half years...were is model listed?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Manual says RF261B....RF260B....RF26H

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes this spring here does that, but often the plastic breaks so you most likely need a whole new center flap assembly...CLICK HERE SPRING the model is on the walll liner with the refrigerator door open.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,