Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an older model Samsung refrigerator with the freezer…

Customer Question
We have an older...

We have an older model Samsung refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. We noticed that there was a bit of ice in the crisper of the refigerator portion. We took the child lock off and now we are having trouble resetting it. This refrigerator is wonderful and we would really like to get it working at optimum coolness again. We purchased the fridge in July 2005 and the model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The exact model is RB1855SW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What do you believe the problem is?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This refrigerator was working okay. I noticed that we had been covering the cooling vent or whatever it is called in the fridge part so I moved things away from it and we attempted to lower the temperature in the fridge. It is now not easy to return it to the settings that were there since we purchased it. The temperatures were -17 for the freezer and 7 fro the fridge

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is? Are you saying its stuck in child lock? What exactly is happening?

Hello: We managed to get it fixed and working fine before we went to bed.