Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE refrigerator stopped cooling. Is there a reset button…

Customer Question
My GE refrigerator stopped...

My GE refrigerator stopped cooling. Is there a reset button or something?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is approximately 8 years old - model number pfss6pkxcss. We had a partial power outage a couple of days ago - could that be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Purchased from Kollman Appliance in Sioux City, IA

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?