Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our GEfrigerator freezer GSH22JSTA SS GM 206044 is not

Customer Question
Our GEfrigerator freezer GSH22JSTA...

Our GEfrigerator freezer GSH22JSTA SS GM 206044 is not working. We left Wed eve and just returned. Light is on in each part.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

GE GSH 22JSTA SS Gm 206044

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

THE FRONT PANEL where you set temperature, turn on light etc is not working. I don't know whether we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Temp in refrigh is 50 degrees. Freezer is 40

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When will you respond?
I would like it written so I can be sure we do it right.
Is $24 in addition to the $5 and $23?
When can I expect a response?
Are you working on my refrig/freezer problem?

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post.

I guess I don't have the tools or ability to do what you suggested. Please cancel
I guess I will have to pay for a service call when they open

Can you try to shut the power off to the unit for a minute and turn it back on to reset it?

Cancel agreement