Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door on my Bosch dishwasher won’t stay closed. If I hold…

Customer Question
Hi. The door...

Hi. The door on my Bosch dishwasher won’t stay closed. If I hold it, the dishwasher starts. If I let go, the door opens. This issue arose very suddenly. Michael

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years approximately.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is very simple. Otherwise, no.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I can’t tell the model. No indication on the unit itself.
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The hinge ropes have broken. The video at the link below show shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!