Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got a Bosch SHE44C dishwasher that the time stops at 1

Customer Question
Got a Bosch SHE44C...

Got a Bosch SHE44C dishwasher that the time stops at 1 minute and cycle never finishes

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 0r 6 yeas old we think

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try a reset if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Here is another number on the tag SV870201148

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When it stops has the water drained out?

But are the items in there still wet and havent dried?

Just ran a cycle for 38 mins, it seems it just did a wash only and timer gets hung at 1 min. When the door is opened there is water in the tub

Ok try and start a new cycle and the first thing it should do is drain the water out.

Does it do this?

I hit the cancel drain before you responded and it did drain the water
Just another note, we only use quick wash and not regular wash so we are unsure if it gets stuck at one minute as well

Ok for this fault were it sticks on 1 minute then its either a draining fault or a heating fault that causes this fault.

So you need to check the draining side of this and see if theres a fault on the pump.

But of thats fine then the fault will be on the heating side which can be either the heater itself or the contrl board. You need to access the heater and test this with a multi meter and see if faulty.

But if the heater is fine then its looking like the control board is the fault here causeing this fault.

So check them if you can as for this fault were it sticks on 1 minute its either a draining fault or a heating fault on this.

Ok, I will check the heating and draining and get back to you

No worries, Thats fine.

Ok, here is what I did and what I found.
Hit cancel drain on a rinse cycle and it drained fine. It also drains fine when we hit cancel drain on a stick cycle, so I think the draining is fine as it works when we initiate it manually.As for the heat, I did a rinse and dry cycle and when I opened the door there was a lot of hat eacape. I also turned on extra dry heat and (I think) I felt a noticeable difference in the heat escape when I opened the door the second time
It drains fine when we manually hit cancel drain, I ran a rinse cycle and water heats up. I also set up the extra heat and it seemed hotter than the first rinse cycle