Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My electric dryer is not completely drying the loads and…

Customer Question
My electric dryer is...

My electric dryer is not completely drying the loads and have to run the load thru twice

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag, Legacy Series 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It heats and the exterior exhaust vent is free and clear

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is it taking an excessively long time to dry or just shutting off before they are dry but not running for a very long time?

It runs the full cycle (not shutting off in a short amount of time) but clothes are slightly damp after drying even on the hottest setting
  1. Does it do this even on a Timed Dry cycle or only on Auto cycles?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag should be around the opening where the clothes are loaded.