Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My induction cooktop won’t unlock. First time today. If l…

Customer Question
My induction cooktop won’t...

My induction cooktop won’t unlock

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If l can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just would like to know if I can fix it myself

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

P p950bm1bb
Why won’t it unlock

I can not get any information off the GE web site on this model it is telling me the model is discontinued .

I`m going to opt out in hopes some one else can assist you!

Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you double check that model number please as nothing is coming up on it.

Thanks

That’s it
Can you tell me what the posilble problems could be
Anyone there

Got it now thanks.

To unlock this you need to press and hold the control lock pad on the control panel which is the bottom right corner on the controls.

Hold this for about 7 seconds or so and it should turn the lock off from there.

If it doesnt then im afraid the touch control board is faulty and that will need to be replaced. Thats the only thing that will stop the control lock from turning off on this so if holding the control lock button doesnt turn it off the then touch control board will need to be replaced.

Got it looks like I got a bad control board

Im sorry this isnt a cheap part as the board is $260

The part# ***** you need it is WB29T10017

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top that would be great.

Many thanks