Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We are trying to remove my old over the stove KitchenAid…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to remove my old over the stove KitchenAid microwave...but we can’t seem to find the wall mounting bracket, can you please help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #KHMS155LSS-0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Manufactured 2-2003

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just need to be able to get it out please

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

We’d like to stay on. This device please

Get to the upper cabinet and remove the two screws anchoring it in. Once those are out...the unit will flip down and lift off the back edge wall frame support...SEE HERE..

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

5 stars for excellent help please
24 = no sir

No phone call is fine, just please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page to rate my service thanks!

Top screws out
Not flipping down
How do we access wall plate? Please
Do we need to remove top cabinet?

Are you sure all screws are out? Sometimes there are 3 if they are all out and the vent is diconnected in the cabinet it will pull down.

The vent screws are out but...still not rolling down and out

Are you certain all the screws that screw down from the top are out, get on a ladder and thoroughly check the bottom of the upper cabinet.

they are all out

Remove the grill on the front of it and you can double check for any screws to the back plate or check and make sure no one screwed a side screw into the unit, there is nothing that would hold this up if it were installed properly....so either someone drove a screw into it somewhere else from the sides or top or possibly from inside the unit behind the grill.

Should we slide black tray out?
Black vent tray on top of unit.

Yes you can and see .

There is no wall plate?
Correct, Sir?

There is a wall plate but it just supports the back edge of the unit...CLICK HERE on some models they have a release latch lever behind the upper grill, but your model does not show one so I am not sure it would have it but you can check. It would just look like a a thin round bar that you would pull. Older units would have a super long screw to go to the back plate.

I think the upper cabinets may have been installed after the unit was put in

It does not make sense it should just drop down please upload a pic of the unit for me and please take the upper grill off.

How can I send the photos to you?

Just upload them here using the paperclip attachment.

Okay do you see that metal rod off to the left pull that and see if it releases the unit but hang on to it
Okay take that small vent cover out that might be stopping it from dropping down it should just be a screw to remove to get that out

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,