Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The spring latch on our microwave door popped off. We don't…

Customer Question
The spring latch on...

The spring latch on our microwave door popped off. We don't know how to put it back on so it will stay.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a GE. I can't see the model number. The house was built in 1998.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It looks like it should be simple, two springs and a black piece of plactic to push.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. My husband pushed the part in to heat something up and it popped out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I have the model number from the microwave, please?

It must have rubbed off. I don't see it anywhere.

if you open the door it will be around the opening or inside the oven cavity.

I don't see it. The piece that came off is a plastic piece and two springs.

That latch is broken but I will need the model number to be able to get you the parts (if still available) and replacement instructions.

It looks like it is WB10X10021. I want to know how to reassemble.

That is a part number, unfortunately, not the model number.

It did not just "come loose" but has broken if it popped out. You will need parts....

Never mind.