Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven won't self clean - Just sent info and site went to ASK?

Customer Question
Oven won't self clean...

Oven won't self clean - Just sent info and site went to ASK ?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung NE58K9430

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Oven worked last. night - door locks and unlocks - stove top has not been used today -

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the oven heat?

it worked perfectly last nice
it has power and working this morning
fairly new unit - could it be in demo mode?
you still available
I get the code CtoP when we hit start
Anyone actually looking at this thread??

There is a delay in me getting response so please do not keep typing over and over it will only delay me further...the error means there is a open cooktop temperature sensor on the unit. Does anything work on it now?

all of the burning work
oven works as well - now - just checked.

OK so the code is gone now?

when we hit the off button the code goes away - If we try to clean - start it comes back - Ill try again
reads OFF CtoP

Yes the upper temp sensor is bad...so it will start a bake cycle fine though?

everything works
where is sensor located?

In the upper back of the oven cavity..CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

also the steam clean will work

Yes you would still need that timer to fix the spin issue on those cycles.

would this be easier if I called you?

Not today it would not it is super busy so phone calls are not happening at the moment. You should see that sensor just held in with a screw and it just pulls out and unplugs.

are you still there or are you done with this job? No answer to where the sensor is located? Is it a home repair? sd

You must not have gotten my message the sensor is located in the back upper corner of the oven cavity. Look in the oven back upper corners of the wall. You will see it there.