Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The little plastic piece that locks the lid of my cabrio top…

Customer Question
The little plastic piece...

The little plastic piece that locks the lid of my cabrio top loading washer broke. can I get a replacement, and can I install it myself?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool cabrio purchased in Jan 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How-to install part

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And is this the strike on the underside of the lid that you referring to?