Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool washing machine that is 5+ years old (I'm…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool washing machine that is 5+ years old (I'm guessing ). It is located in my basement on a concrete floor. For some months now it has been exhibiting a problem that is: If the load in the machine is anywhere near unbalanced. the machine will vibrate out of control. I have tried putting rubber shock absorbers under the mounting feet and this appears to work sometimes. Can you tell me if this condition can be remedied by replacing the mounting feet? I tried to locate the model number, but the number appears to be obliterated. Any suggestions you can give me will help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 to 6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple enough I would try to do it myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok first you can not have any kind of rubber under the feet it will only make the issue way worse. So remove anything you put under the legs. Then using the standard supplied legs on the unit just level it to the floor corner to corner making sure you have literally no movement when you grab the machine from opposite corners and try to rock it.Once it is good and sold to the floor zero movement then you can lock the leveling leg nuts down and double check to make sure you have no movement corner to corner. Then try it and it will balance fine.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,

Hi there,