Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Bosch Silence Plus 44dBA, SHP65T52UC/07. Kitchen sink backed

Bosch Silence Plus 44dBA, SHP65T52UC/07...
Bosch Silence Plus 44dBA, SHP65T52UC/07. Kitchen sink backed up and had the clogged drain fixed, but now the dishwasher display is blank but the motor/pump keeps coming on/off. Runs with door open or closed for a few minutes, stops then repeats. I've turned off/on power by circuit breaker and nothing new. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Only a couple of yrs old. Model as above with numbers.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
11/25/2017
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I'm ready whenever you are.

The problem you are having is caused by water accumulation in the base of the dishwasher.

When this happens when a float rises in the base and activate a switch to turn on the drina pump. It runs independent of the door switch, that is why it runs with the door open.

You need to get the front lower panel off and access the lower parts of you dishwasher and dry the water out of the base and allow the float to return to the base. The float looks like a round piece of styrofoam. You can also just pull the dishwasher out and tip it back against the wall will a towel on the float to catch the water that will run out of the base.

Once you get the water out and the float dry, your dishwasher will return to normal operation.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I couldn't pull the dishwasher all the way out since the lines are connected under the sink. Is it ok to disconnect the water line so I can pull out the dw? Will water come out of this hose? Do I need to shut water off first?

Yes, you will have to remove power and water to move the machine out from under the cabinet.

You need to shut the water supply off from the house first and the power.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Once dried out, will the display come back on? Nothing on display currently.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Is it easy to remove the lower parts of dw? This sounds like the easier option.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
There are only two screws. Which method to you recommend?

I believe the controls are bypassed when the flood switch is activated. But you will need to get the water out before you will know.

The fastest way to to tip the machine up, but you can also use a shop vac with a small hoose taped to the end of the vac hose and snake it behind the front panel. Or stuff a bunch of rags where ever you see water.

It's a pain in the butt, but you need to do it.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Last question: The clogged sink occurred 2d ago, fixed today and the problem only started about 4hrs ago. Any idea why the pump just started activating now?

My guess is that it took awhile for the water to migrate to the float area and activate.

But there is possibility that you have a problem with the main pump seal and it is a coincidence that it happened just after your drain problem.

If you get the dishwasher running again and the problem come back without a house drain issue, then you know you have another problem. The main pump is an expensive fix So let's keep our fingers crossed.

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you for your time/help Don.

You are very welcome!

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Don,
Not sure you will get this but wanted to give you some feedback. Due to your suggestions I was able to fix my dishwasher myself and feel great about it. Not only because it saved me $, but because I learned something along the way thanks to you. Again, thank you for all your help the other night in my desperation.

Great! Glad to hear you figured it out.

Thanks for using JA

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician