Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have had our microwave 7 months. Used it yesterday but

We have had our microwave...
We have had our microwave 7 months. Used it yesterday but last
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: night would not get food hot. Does not even boil water set for 2 minutes cook time.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what is wrong. Every feature on the control panel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: works. Power level says we cannot change level at this time?
11/25/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I have the model number from the microwave, please? Also, are you wanting to look at repairing this yourself or have a warranty call performed?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
JVM6175SK155 Depends on what is wrong.

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Unplugged appliance or 5 minutes as suggested. I can now change the power level, but still no heat.

Does it sound the same as it always has when it was working?

If so, the magnetron has failed. That surely is a warranty call....

Contact GE at 1-800-GE-CARES

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Kelly seems knowledgeable and was helpful pinpointing the problem, even though it could not be fixed online. Kelly I would give a 4 star rating. The web site, however seems to be just a money grabbing machine. You should not have to pay to get I touch with someone about a warranty issue. I would give the web site 1 star.

I am forwarding your comments to admin and I apologize for the misunderstanding about the site. You must have clicked on an ad link that brought you to Just Answer because we are not in any way affiliated with GE.

Kelly, Appliance Technician