Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE oven light and range lights are not working. I have…

My GE oven light...

My GE oven light and range lights are not working. I have power to oven and over head microwave. I have also replaced the bulbs and checked the breakers but still not working. Any recommendations?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Don't know age or model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The microwave is a ge space maker xl1800

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't find a model for the stove

11/25/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag for the range is usually on the frame, right in the front, behind the lower drawer.

Oh here it is...JGBP80SEH3SS

Perfect, thank you! So is the range just not lighting up or what exactly is it doing?

the serial no is S
Oops sorry. Serial no is AG268532P

The lightbulb on the inside of the oven isn't working. Nor is the surface light above the stove top.
They were working until a few weeks ago. I have tried replacing the bulb and also checked the breaker switch. And the oven still works so it's getting power. But it's funny that it's both sets of lights not working now.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Okay thank you.

The surface light above the stove is on the microwave that is working?

No it isn't working either

Well, they are two different sets of issues, so let's start with the oven. Turn the breaker off or unplug the range. At the back of the light socket once the bulb is removed, you will see a small metal tab right in the center. Using a small screwdriver (or a table knife, if convenient), bend that tab up a little and replace the bulb and then restore power and see if it then works. Let me know what happens, please.

Um...don't think I can move it to unplug it. ��
But I can switch the breaker off that is labeled for the oven. Is that sufficient?

Sure, as long as the power is off.

It didn't work but I don't know that I did it correctly. I think I will have to contact my landlord for a repair. Thank you so very much for your help.

I suspect the issue is with the sockets. Let me know how it goes!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician