Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you reset a kenmore elite dishwasher model

Customer Question
How do you reset...

How do you reset a kenmore elite dishwasher model 630.16303401

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 7 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We ran the dishwasher not realizing that my plumber had shut off the water. It is hung up on the rinse cycle and won't finish

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What exactly is it doing?

We ran the dishwasher without knowing that our plumber had turned off the water. It is stuck on the rinse cycle. Water is not draining as there always no water in it.

So is the pump stuck on, running even though the tub is empty?

It is not stuck on a rinse cycle, the flood cycle has been tripped. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is water in the base of the machine, below the wash tub. Turn the breaker off or unplug the dishwasher and remove the access panel from below the door. Use a towel or wet vac to remove the water from the plastic base so the float will drop back down and rest on the base. Once that float rests back at the bottom of the base, it will return to normal operation.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!