Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have never used the convection oven of my older Jenn-Air…

Customer Question
I have never used...

I have never used the convection oven of my older Jenn-Air (about 30 years old--never a problem with it). I need to cook my turkey extra fast. Do I just put the knob on "convection"? How do I adjust the temperature?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I don't know the model number. It is around 30-33 years old; It has a grill and griddle unit on the left and four burners. My turkey stayed too frozen (we are having Thanksgiving today). It is a 16 pound turkey and I need it in about three hours.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. I've got the knob on "convection" and I've got the temperature on 425. But I don't know if that's how you turn on convection!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And I`m sorry but NO oven will cook a FROZEN turkey in three hours.

A turkey should be thawed for several days before it is put in the oven!

My turkey was frozen to begin with. I put it in the refrigerator for four days. It is a 16 pound turkey. It was not completely thawed but mostly thawed (I assume) . I do not need anything repaired. Didn't you read my question?This is not helpful.
I already said I do not know the model number. It is a thirty year old Jenn air. It has a knob that says time convection and convection. I have it on convection. I do not know how to set the timer. Is it cooking on convection or do I have to set something else? If you are not familiar with this oven please tell me.
I am not happy with this service so far.
If you can't help me please tell me.
John, Home Appliance Technician