Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool duet washer that runs the complete cycle…

Customer Question
We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool duet washer that runs the complete cycle but will not unlock the door so we can take our clothes out. What do we do???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MOD- WFW8300SW00 2006 we think. Came with our house that we bought last year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Just need to know how to unlock the door

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

To manually unlock the door you will need to remove the lower front panel (two screws on the bottom lip of the panel) then remove the panel and reach up inside the washer on the right hand side of the door and pull down on the latch release lever to unlock the door. then you can try to start another load to see if it will start that cycle and lock the door or not.

Is this a common thing to happen with this model? Also with the model # that I provided, can you determine that it is from 2006?

I `m not able to tell the age by the model number ,but I can from the Serial number

the serial # is HLT(###) ###-####

The unit was manufactured August of 2006.

In your experience what is the life of this type of machine?

after you unlock the door and try to run a new cycle just let me know if you have any questions.

average life is around 12-15 years ,as long as they are not abused.

Thank you. We are starting a new one now and will let you know.

no problem!

Ran a new cycle stopped half way through and said F-11. I started another cycle and it went to spin but the spin cycle wouldn't stop so I had to stop it by pushing cancel.

The F-11 error code means = The Motor Control Unit has internal failure; repeating under or over voltage, or over current conditions.

Which in other words the unit motor control needs to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.
I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.