Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Built-in oven overheating. warming brisket when broiler

Customer Question
Built-in oven overheating. warming...

Built-in oven overheating. warming brisket when broiler suddenly came on.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

10 years Models RBD245-YRBS305

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. If I can :). I'm pretty handy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. Tell me where to look on oven for exact model number--or did the range of numbers suffice?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Open the oven door (lower if a double oven) and the model tag is on the oven frame, usually on the left side.

RBS305PDB17

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I have decided to call local appliance repair. I'd like to know what your diagnosis is. We ran it through self clean cycle last night. Heated ok today for a while then the broiler came on. Previous trouble with lock up.

The relay that closes to energize the broil element has failed. The control board will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Cost to have professionally repaired will be about $150 + parts....

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Thanks. At $350 for board and $150 for repairman I may buy a new oven!

If you can do it yourself, you can save a few bucks. I can help with that!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?