Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer the fridge is working but…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a hotpoint fridge freezer the fridge is working but the freezer is not freezing ther is a flashing light saying no frost wth what looks like a shopping trolley and another light flashing with the freeze symbol can you help please regards hazel

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think its about 3 years old I bought it second hand so not sure the modle is ff7190ep

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think so

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really that's all I can tell you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The flashing lights means the freezer temperture has dropped. This could be due to a power cut or the appliance being unplugged.

What you need to do is open the fridge door and at the top you will see the controls.

You need to turn the freezer dial which is the one on the right to the off position.

Then turn it back on and this will clear the flashing lights and reset it.

Then see how it goes from there. If the freezer still doesnt work then you need to empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel inside the freezer.

Behind there you will see the evaporator. Check to see if this is covered in ice. If so use a hair dryer and melt it and see how it goes from there.

Check that and see how it goes and let me know.