Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My waterline on a side By side LG refrigerador with ice

Hi. My waterline on...

Hi. My waterline on a side By side LG refrigerador with ice maker and cold water broke, just right below the freezer door broke. LG technician said that this water line going into the freezer door cannot be exchanged. It would only be possible to exchange the whole door with the ice maker and control panel, however the model I have would not be manufactured any more. Can that be? After all this tube right below the door is the most stressed part of the whole water line system

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

LR21SPT2, around six years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was just astonished that all other tubes would be exchangeable,but the most sensitive part of it not

11/24/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

As dumb as it is, that is true. The water line and wiring harness is installed in the door and then the insulation is blown into the cavity. The door liner cannot be removed to replace the water line. The alternative is to cut a small hole in the plastic liner to insert a coupling and then insulate and cover the hole. Let m know if you would like more detailed information.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

The hole is in the part outside the door to the next coupling to the waterline below the lower front panel. This part is covered by a wire coil to protect it. Could you please be so kind and inform me about the necessary coupling and maybe a website where I might purchase it? That would be great

It would be just a standard water line Guest fitting available at most any hardware store, similar to the one shown below. They just push over the water line and lock into place. This coupling is not part of the LG parts so it is a modification of their system.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks

You are very welcome, thank you!