Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an Electrolux refrigerator EI28BS36I S. The bottom…

We have an Electrolux...

We have an Electrolux refrigerator EI28BS36I S. The bottom freezer is frozen shut. How can we get it repaired?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

EI28BS36I S / 4-5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we knew what to do, we could possibly fix it. We already paid a plumber $300 to "fix" the water flow, but it didn't stop it from freezing shut

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I love the refrigerator, and prefer not to have to buy a new one. We just need the freezer to work properly.

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you mean that the freezer door is frozen and you cannot open it ?

We’ve managed to chip at the ice through the cracks and open and removed the ice. But it just freezes up all over again. No repair shops do repairs on Electrolux fridges.

ok first off if your only calling plumbers there is your problem.

You need to contact an appliance repair company .

And have you contacted Electrolux to find out whom is their local authorized service company in your area?

Do you know where this water is coming from?

We’ve called repair shops and no one will service it. I have read that’s why they don’t get good reviews. When I googled online I thought I was getting Electrolux but instead I ended up with your company. A bit deceiving. I will try to dig to find another way to call Electrolux on my own.

do you need their contact info?

that would be helpful.

1-***-***-****

glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech