Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a year & half old Jennifer-air fridge &the freezer…

Customer Question
I have a year...

I have a year & half old Jennifer-air fridge &the freezer quit working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

1&1/2 yr old. Model #JFX2897DRm02. Serial # K62104273

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The ice maker doesn’t work either

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Thank you but I got it working again
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago

OK great! If you need anything else let me know.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,