Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire stove model #PLES399ECG with a F-30

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire stove model #PLES399ECG with a F-30 code? What would cause this code

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: mhburris4040, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
mhburris4040
mhburris4040, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Looks like this error is an issue with the RTD Probe. The probe my need replacing. There are some troubleshooting you can do if you have an Ohm meter

F3 or F30 – Open/shorted sensor (RTD probe) connection.

Check the temperature sensor resistance as described previously. If the reading is incorrect and the wires and plugs between the sensor and the EOC are good, replace the temperature sensor (RTD probe). If the sensor and wiring are good, the EOC would need to be replaced.

Here is a link to some good information.

http://blog.askgene.com/2013/04/14/oven-error-codes/how-to-fix-frigidaire-of-electrolux-range-or-oven-with-an-f-error-code/

Let me know if you need any other information. Please remember this is a dialog, if you have follow-up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

I have check the RTD probe and it has 1086 oms, top heating element has 20.6 and the lower element has 16.7 oms? Any other suggestion?
no, just any suggestions?
Appliance Technician: mhburris4040, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 6 months ago

Sorry for the delay, I was having trouble accessing this question. I did a bit more research and it looks like there are some thermal breakers that might of tripped. I am looking for a diagram that might point you in the right direction, but I did find this...

If you get an open or short by measuring at the P5 plug, the issue is either the probe OR the thermal breakers. Also called a Thermal Cutout Switch (item #141 on p.8 of your parts catalog), one of these buggers is located near the electronic control module for the right rear stovetop burner (#54A, follow the violet wires from EOC to locate it) - since you already have the Control Panel Assembly pulled, reach over and push the button on the breaker to reset it. This may have just solved your error code! For FREE!! If it doesn't reset, you may have to replace the breaker itself (around $16.00).