Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am having trouble with my Whirlpool front loader washing

machine, I am getting codes...
I am having trouble with my Whirlpool front loader washing machine, I am getting codes F06 & E01.
11/24/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E01 F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to replace the MCU unfortunately and that's about $200-250.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
My washer #Wfw9411exew1 does not have a lower panel on the front of the machine. Do I have to pull the entire front, including the tub door, to access the motor control board. If I have to replace the control board what is the part # for board and the MCU? Where is the cheapest place to buy the parts?

ice, unfortunately on your model you will need to remove the top panel, the control panel, and then the entire front panel then. To access, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Tip the wash back a bit and there are 2 screws in the bottom right and left corner you need to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Do you have the part #s and the least expensive place to buy them,

That part number for the MCU is WP8183196 but I'm not sure where the least expensive place is. Below is a place you can order a new one for about $260. There are some places cheaper but they are remanufactured or used boards.

CLICK HERE for MCU

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc