Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an 11 year old GE Microwave and it stopped hearing.

Customer Question
I have an 11...

I have an 11 year old GE Microwave and it stopped hearing. Everything else works just no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry I had to go to another room to get that information.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The model number is ***** SERIAL NUMBER 905481D MFG DATE AUG 2008

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just answer. Sorry for the delay.

If everything else works fine except the microwave won't heat then the magnetron is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!