Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a JENN-AIR 30" DOUBLE wall oven electric. Model #

Customer Question
I have a JENN-AIR...

I have a JENN-AIR 30" DOUBLE wall oven electric. Model # JJW9830DDR. Serial # 12641992LP. Both oven temperatures fluctuate 50 degrees up from set temperature. It goes up 50 degrees then back down to set temp in 20 minutes. What part # do i need to fix this problem.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Jenn-air Model # JJW9830DDR. It is about 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial # 12641992LP

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Ok under normal operation the unit will fluctuate in temperature normally 25 to 30 degrees higher then the programmed temper then it will cycle off and the temperature will drop BELOW the set temperature that same 20-30 degrees this still evens out to be the set temperature .

Now you say the temperature is 50 degrees to high , so if you want to try to adjust that temperature thru the electronic control you can do that .

Here is how that can be done.

To adjust the oven temperature:

1. Press Setup pad.

2. Press the down arrow to scroll down.

3. Select Temp Adjust.

4. Select upper oven or lower oven (select models). “Set temperature offset using the keypad” is displayed.

5. Enter the desired temperature change. The temperature can be increased or decreased by 5° to 35°.

6. Select “+/-“ to indicate an increase or decrease in temperature. The temperature change is displayed at the top of the window.

7. Press Enter pad to accept the change.

The oven temperature does not need to be readjusted if there is a power failure or interruption. Broiling and cleaning temperatures cannot be adjusted.

So if your saying that the oven gets 50 degrees too hot then cycle off and drops down to the set temperature before it cycles back on . I recommend to drop the temperature by 25 degrees.

So that way it should cycle off at 25 degree higher then the set temperature and then cycle back on at 25 degrees lower the the set temperature. which will even out at the set temperature.

And if by chance your thinking that if say you set the oven at 350 and it is going to reach that 350 and never move up or down ,, then that will never happen !

You will ALWAYS have that higher and lower temps as the oven cycles on /off during a heating mode.

If this adjustment does not work then your looking at replacing the Electronic control board at a cost of approx $375.00.

If you do the re-calibrating of the oven temp let me know if that has helped the issue or if you have any questions just reply back to me.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense. I will drop temp by 25

ok

And if you have any questions later on just reply back to me.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.